2014 – Present
- Work with stakeholders to identify and prioritize key business objectives and user goals.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative content audits
- Develop information architecture, navigation schemas, and sitemaps
- Create brand strategy guidelines and messaging hierarchies
- Produce wireframes and design comps
- Write advertising, long-form, and UI copy
- Educate clients and co-workers on the benefits and best practices of content strategy
- Present work to clients and in pitch presentations
Manager, Content Strategy
2013 – 2014
Client: MGM Resorts International
- Worked on a marketing platform/website redesign for MGM Resorts
- Collaborated with business analysts, UX designers, copywriters, and visual designers to detail content requirements and recommendations
- Created a structured content model to enable reuse and centralized management of platform-wide content
- Detailed editorial requirements for CMS to ensure a user-friendly authoring environment
- Oversaw the creation of detailed content matrices in order to guide production and content migration
- Developed a taxonomy, metadata schema and folder structure for digital assets
- Outlined a governance model for enterprise DAM platform, including roles, permissions, work flows, and corporate governance structure
- Performed keyword research and analytics audits to inform taxonomy and IA recommendations
Senior Content Strategist
2012 – 2013
- Conducted content analysis and discovery, including quantitative and qualitative audits, heuristic and competitive analysis, user research, usability testing, stakeholder interviews, and search engine optimization
- Developed editorial guidelines, including content workflows, editorial calendars, style guides, and tone and voice documents.
- Supported the development of wireframes, sitemaps, content models, interface copy, metadata and copy decks
- Helped develop user personas and scenarios, information architecture, and interaction design
- Worked in both agile and waterfall environments. Experience with Scrum framework.
- Managed agency social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, and Linkedin.
2009 – 2012
Clients: CarsDirect, VetInfo, DIY.com, Fitday, UltimateCoupons
- Managed a team of researchers, writers and editors to produce content to increase organic search traffic and leads
- Collaborated with the business unit to develop strategies for increasing monetization and promotion
- Increased pageviews by 200k a month
2007 – 2009
- Managed a team of remote and in-house employees who created how-to content across a variety of verticals
- Identified, organized and coordinated topics for creation
- Proofread and edited content for quality, accuracy, grammar and search engine optimization
- Trained new employees, managed work schedules and payroll for team members.
- Coordinated with technology and engineering to identify and fix bugs
- Provided general customer service and support
- Helped Mahalo grow to over 5 million pageviews a month after only two years.